Leave google at the door

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Freekin Pretoria

I had to go to Pretoria today- Pretoria should actually be a question by itself, and the question would quite simply be: Why? But, I digress...

I went to Pretoria today. I HATE Pretoria. It defies the laws of logic, common sense and evolution. Firstly, you dont leave the same way you enter the city. The N14 literally ends. And then *surprise* you are in Pretoria central. So you can forget the idea of "backtracking".

Then, the city centre has 3-lane one ways. Come on! Could you seriously not have made ONE freeking lane go in the opposite direction? If you make a wrong turn, a simple u-turn evolves into a L-shape recovery as you try to negotiate the one ways back to where you started.

Then to leave the city centre, you have to "find" the N14 again. I say "find" because well, the bloody thing disappeared 8km's to the left of where you are now heading. The whole place is basically what happens when a city planner develops a sense of humour- at your expense.

I am told however, that much of my Pretoria angst would be solved if I just enter at the "UNISA side" of Pretoria. But, does anyone actually know how to get there?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • personally if pretoria didnt have a skatepark, my thoughts would be ditto

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:11 PM  

  • Yeah far easier from the Unisa side although potato tomato. Traffic aint as bad as JHB so you'll get to your P-Town central destination in similar times no matter which way you go.

    By Blogger Wezzo, at 12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home